Cricket

Unfortunate – Virat Kohli opens for the first time on cancelled fifth Test match

The Indian captain Virat Kohli feels the cancellation of the fifth Test match was an unfortunate event after Covid-19 concerns in the Indian camp.

It has been reported that Kohli had written a mail to the BCCI highlighting the team’s inability to field a team after their junior physio Yogesh Parmar was tested positive for the virus.

Kohli is hopeful that a secure bio bubble environment will be maintained in the UAE for the second phase of the IPL. The talisman joined RCB with fast bowler Mohammed Siraj on Sunday after they flew in charted planes.

“Unfortunate that we had to end up here early, but with COVID in place, things are very uncertain. Anything can happen at any time,” Kohli said in ‘RCB Bold Diaries’ series on RCB Digital Media Platforms.

“Hopefully, we’re able to maintain a good, strong, and secure environment, and have a quality IPL. It’s going to be an exciting phase and a very important one for us at RCB and then for the Indian team at the T20 World Cup,” he said.

On the other hand, Royal Challengers Bangalore were able to rope in players like Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, Tim David, George Garton, and Akash Deep after players like Adam Zampa, Daniel Sams, Finn Allen, Kane Richardson, and Washington Sundar were either unavailable or injured. Kohli is mighty impressed with RCB’s replacements.

Kohli said, “I’ve been in touch with everyone. We’ve had discussions over the last month or so, a little longer than that with the replacements, who’s coming and who’s not.

“Eventually, we ended up replacing our key players with some top-quality cricketers. Our key players will be missed, and they are a part of the family, but the people coming in as well have great skill sets, especially for these conditions. So, I’m very excited to see them, with the whole group at practice, and certainly very excited to resume a very good season that started last time around.”

Meanwhile, Mohammed Siraj was also excited to join RCB as he has taken an upward swing in his career. RCB will resume its campaign against KKR in Abu Dhabi on 20th September.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

IPL 2025: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Gujarat Titans – Match Preview

Sunrisers Hyderabad will lock horns against Gujarat Titans in the 19th match of the ongoing… Read More

April 4, 2025

IPL 2025: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Gujarat Titans – Stats Preview

Sunrisers Hyderabad will square off against Gujarat Titans in the 19th match of the ongoing… Read More

April 4, 2025

IPL 2025: Michael Clarke backs Rohit Sharma despite poor form for Mumbai Indians

Former Australian captain Michael Clarke has put his weight behind Rohit Sharma to bounce back… Read More

April 3, 2025

Virender Sehwag heaps praise on Mohammed Siraj after GT win against RCB in IPL 2025

Former Indian opener Virender Sehwag showered praise on Mohammed Siraj after Gujarat Titans registered an… Read More

April 3, 2025

IPL 2025: Rishabh Pant admits they were 20-25 runs short of par score after loss against PBKS

Lucknow Super Giants captain Rishabh Pant admitted they were 20-25 runs short of a par… Read More

April 2, 2025

IPL 2025: Shreyas Iyer hails collective effort after win against Lucknow Super Giants

Punjab Kings captain Shreyas Iyer lauded the collective effort of the team after an eight-wicket… Read More

April 2, 2025