Chennaiyin FC has extended the contract of their defender Mohammad Sajid Dhot by two years, the club announced on their social media platform on Saturday. The new deal will keep Mohammad Sajid Dhot at the club till the 2024 season.
During the January transfer window, the youngster had made a move from Odisha FC to Marina Machans. After making the move, he played in six matches of the previous season in which he made 35 clearances and anticipated four interceptions.
In fact, Dhot also impressed with his attacking game as he scored a goal for the club. In the six matches, he played a total of 496 minutes before he was ruled due to injury.
Sajid will now look to deliver the goods in the next season of the Hero ISL after his contract extension.
“Sajid came in midway through last season and proved to be a solid addition to the backline when called upon. We are happy to have someone of his potential in our ranks,” said Chennaiyin FC co-owner Vita Dani.
The 24-year-old is delighted to sign the contract extension with Marina Machans.
“I am very happy and proud to be part of this club for two more years. Last year I got my chances and gave my best. I only want to do better. I will give it my all for the club and the people,” said the India International.
Meanwhile, earlier Chennaiyin FC has already signed players like Bengal’s Santosh Trophy squad captain Monotosh Chakladar and Rajasthan United FC’s Gurmukh Singh.
On the other hand, Chennaiyin FC could not qualify for the semifinal stages in the previous season as they only managed five wins in their 20 league stage matches. Thus, they finished at the eighth place in the points table and they will be determined to turn the tables in the next season.
Former Indian all-rounder Irfan Pathan has backed Devdutt Padikkal to bat at one drop in… Read More
Former Indian wicket-keeper bat Saba Karim believes Rajasthan Royals are dependent on Vaibhav Suryavanshi’s batting… Read More
Former Indian all-rounder Ravichandran Ashwin slammed Arshdeep Singh’s performance after Punjab Kings suffered a 23-run… Read More
Former Indian Test opener Wasim Jaffer lavished praise on Vaibhav Suryavanshi after Rajasthan Royals suffered… Read More
Delhi Capitals head coach Hemang Badani showered praise on Mitchell Starc after they registered a… Read More
Rajasthan Royals captain Riyan Parag expressed his disappointment after they suffered a five-wicket loss against… Read More