Tennis

Tennis Australia CEO defends Novak Djokovic’s quarantine wishlist

 

Recently the World Number one Tennis player Novak Djokovic wrote a note to Tennis Australia CEO Craig Tiley and demanded easier lockdown protocols ahead of the Australian Open. Djokovic received criticism for his demands from all across the globe and former players.

The Serbian wishlist included reduced isolation periods for players and moving as many players as possible to private residences with Tennis courts. However, Tiley cleared the air and revealed that Djokovic didn’t demand all these things but he gave his suggestions in a note.

Tiley added that Djokovic understands the strict 14-day lockdown for the players and he also respects the same.

“In the case of Novak, he wrote a note, these weren’t demands, they were suggestions, but he is understanding what two weeks of lockdown means,” Tiley said. “I think the reports we’re seeing and things we are seeing doesn’t represent the entire playing group. For the most part, they have been really good,” remarked Tiley. 

Meanwhile, Djokovic has had some kind of controversies in the recent past. Last year, the talisman resigned from his role of the ATP Players Council and went on to form his own player’s association. This move of Djokovic drew a lot of criticism from Tennis pundits.

Furthermore, Novak Djokovic was tested positive for the coronavirus in June 2020 after taking part in a tennis exhibition series, which he himself organized in Serbia and Croatia. Djokovic hadn’t taken the pandemic situation seriously at that stage.

On the other hand, Novak will represent Serbia in the ATP Cup 2021, which will take place just before the Australian Open. The World No. 1 will look to defend his title at the Australian Open and claim his ninth championship of the tournament. The AO will begin from February 8.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

ফিফা বিশ্বকাপ ২০২৬ শেষে খেলোয়াড়দের সবচেয়ে বড় বিজয়ী ও হতাশার তালিকা

ফিফা বিশ্বকাপ  ২০২৬শেষ হয়েছে, কিন্তু টুর্নামেন্টের রেশ এখনো রয়ে গেছে। ১৯ জুলাই বিশ্বকাপ ২০২৬ ফাইনালে… Read More

August 20, 2026

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026