Basketball

Lakers star LeBron James says he’s taking a break from social media

Los Angeles Lakers’s superstar LeBron James has revealed he is taking a break from social media. James posted his decision on X and Instagram on Wednesday to announce that he is stepping down from social media platforms.

The 39-year-old veteran has a huge fan following of 159 million followers on Instagram, and 52.9 million on X.

James reposted Kevin Durant’s longtime manager Richard Kleiman’s post of October 24, 2024.

“We can all acknowledge that sports is the last part of society that universally brings people together. So why can’t the coverage do the same?” Kleiman wrote that day. “It’s only click bait when you say it. When the platform is so big, you can make the change and allow us all an escape from real life negativity. I for one find it all a waste of breath.”

James took a screengrab of Richard Kleiman’s post and wrote, “Amen!!” and then below it wrote, “Damn shame what it’s come to!” On X, his repost of Kleiman said, “AMEN!!”

James took the decision to take a break from social media after he said that everyone called him a liar when he said he was watching Dalton Knecht’s college games last year at Tennessee.

“And with that said I’ll holla at y’all! Getting off social media for the time being. Y’all take care,” James posted.

James is a four-time NBA champion and also has won three Olympic Gold medals in his glorious career. The veteran recently won Gold with Team USA at the Paris Olympics. 

The Lakers are currently 10-4 in the ongoing season and James has once again played an instrumental role in the team’s success.

About the Author


Written by DafaNews

DafaNews brings you the most highlighted news in the world of Sports. It serves you up-to-date matches, scores, live streams, fantasy games and quizzes. Our news covers India's prestigious leagues and events – Premier League, Pro Kabbadi League, Cricket World Cup and many more. Follow DafaNews on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter,Telegram and Youtube for more updates.

Related Post
Share
Published by
DafaNews

Recent Posts

Rohit Sharma has now decided he will not walk away on his own, says Mohammad Kaif

Former Indian batter Mohammad Kaif reckons Rohit Sharma has now decided that he will not… Read More

August 6, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane recalls vital life advice by Ben Stokes from IPL 2017 after retirement

Former Indian batter Ajinkya Rahane recalled the advice he received from ex-England skipper Ben Stokes… Read More

August 6, 2026

Mohammed Shami defends Virat Kohli’s latest criticism after ENG vs IND 2026 series

India’s fast bowler Mohammed Shami has put his weight behind Virat Kohli over latest criticism… Read More

August 5, 2026

Ben Stokes addresses fallout rumours with Brendon McCullum after retirement

Former England skipper Ben Stokes downplayed rumours of fallout with Brendon McCullum after recent retirement.… Read More

August 5, 2026

Aakash Chopra reacts to Ravi Shastri’s India 2027 World Cup squad

Former Indian Test opener Aakash Chopra has shed light on Ravi Shastri’s India’s 2027 World… Read More

August 4, 2026

Ajinkya Rahane announces retirement from all forms of the game

India’s veteran batter Ajinkya Rahane has decided to announce his retirement from all formats of… Read More

July 30, 2026